Trigger Finger Meltdown!

Oh no! My left hand announced this weekend that it would not be participating in any guitar playing or anything. Oops. I did get some more writing done last week. Let’s say two more songs. So that’s four written. One recorded. I’m behind on the plan, but not sunk yet. I hope I’ll have better news to report next Monday. See y’all then.

This challenge has already paid for itself!

I just thought I’d check in and let y’all know what’s what. So, I can make noise on Sundays for a few hours. That’s it. I haven’t taken the month off from work or chores or anything and I spent last night figuring out how Audacity works and I’ve got exactly one song “on tape” with guitar, vocal, and maybe bass. And so far, this is AWESOME!

The plan was simple: write 2.5 songs per week; record them on Sundays; burn it all to CD and put it in the mail on Monday March 1. I’ve got two really good new songs in this, the first week. Played ’em live on Friday and folks dug ’em. 🙂 And I’ve got some idears for more songs that are showing some promise. I’m fascinated because I’m much more familiar with writing when the lightning strikes…

The gear: Larrivée OM-09 acoustic guitar; Fishman Loudbox 100 amp; SM58; SM57; small Behringer unpowered mixer; MacBook Pro with Audacity installed (yup, it’s all going in through that poor 1/8″ stereo jack; no USB, no nuthin’); Precision Bass; Strat; noisy ol’ Fender Pro Reverb amp. Sometimes there’s drums around. We’ll see.

So last night I learned that I can a) get the bass into Audacity and b) find the “time-shift” feature to make the tracks line up. Whew! I also learned that I can, in fact, actually play the bass a little. This challenge has already paid for itself…!